As Venue Sponsor of our 2017 WordCamp Jacksonville event, we thank them very much for their generosity and hospitality. Review and discover all that Keiser University has to offer.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit, Level VI SACS accredited university with 3,800 employees serving approximately 20,000 students seeking doctoral, master’s, bachelor’s and associate degrees in over 100 programs, and over 60,000 alumni.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Serving students in Jacksonville for 14 years, and in Florida communities for 40 years
- 62% of KU graduates are in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) programs
- Keiser University and the Keiser Mills Foundation have provided nearly $44 million in scholarship funds
- Includes 18 campuses throughout Florida, a Graduate School, and a nationally recognized College of Golf
- Educational reach extends globally with regionally accredited off-campus sites in San Marcos, Nicaragua and Shanghai, China, and learning centers in Moldova, Taiwan, and Seoul.
- The 100-acre, residential Flagship Campus is located at 2600 North Military Trail in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Throughout Florida and beyond, “Seahawk Nation” rallies behind the winning tradition of its 20 athletic teams.
- The University’s campuses provide an annual statewide economic impact of over $3 billion and directly and indirectly impact over 30,000 Florida jobs.
- The University is annually ranked in the top 50 schools in the nation, and in 2017, the U.S. News & World Report specifically for our service to our nation’s veterans (13th overall and 1st in Florida for the category of Regional Colleges South) and overall at #23 among colleges within the Southern region of the United States, and #11 for best value schools. For more information about Keiser University’ s annual US News and World Report rankings, please visit: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/keiser-university-21519
- The Jacksonville campus has approximately 600 students enrolled in 50 programs which include on-ground, on-line and hybrid modalities.
- Veterans and military related students comprise 30% of the Jacksonville student population, and 20% of the student population are high school seniors matriculating on to their first year of college.
- The programs offered at the Jacksonville Campus are strategically aligned with the economic development efforts of the city of Jacksonville, offering programs in Transportation and Logistics, Information Technology, Biomedical Sciences, Hospitality and Nursing to name a few.
- We are very involved in the community, with a presence on multiple Jax Chamber Councils, the Military Issues Committee, EarnUp, Rotary, and on the Chamber Board of Trustees.
Learn More About Keiser University
Here’s another round of speakers! But wait.. there’s more. Stay tuned!
Mike “Demo” Demopoulos
Mike “Demo” Demopoulos is a longtime lover of Open Source Software. He currently works at BoldGrid (a WordPress Site Builder) as an Evangelist. He has spoken at numerous open source events around the world. Mike is also a contributor to Huffington Post as well as other publications. He also volunteers as Treasurer for the Joomla project.
Binod Purushothaman is the director of product and technology at SiteLock. At SiteLock, Binod uses his knowledge of the internet industry and product management to incorporate market perspective and user requirements into the SiteLock product portfolio. His extensive knowledge of technology product management comes from developing several technology startups in India and the United States prior to joining SiteLock. Binod holds an MBA from Cornell University.
Alex Sanfilippo is a Jacksonville Florida Native who enjoys soccer, swimming and WordPress. He is passionate about building community and helping others learn and grow. Alex is the founder of DailyPS.com, a multi author WordPress website focused on encouraging their readers.
I am Bobbi Sanderlin a WordCamp swag junkie and a Word Camp Orlando organizer. I love to travel preferably on a cruise ship, I am a Mom of two wonderful and amazing kids and most importantly I am a wife to the most humble man you will meet! With my new Bachelors Degree in Business and Information Management, I have a passion to teach others what I have learned and experienced throughout my working career so why not start with a community that wants to learn how to make their business better. Using WordPress to run my own business I have a few favorite plugins – Gravity Forms and WOOCommerce to name a few. I have steps, tips, and tricks on how to sell anything with a passion, so let’s start with a simple pencil. It’s harder than you think.
Ryan has been developing with WordPress for 5 years. He works as a backend developer Crowd Favorite and has a passion for bringing modern PHP development practices to his WordPress work. When not working, Ryan enjoys spending time with his wife and son and playing Ultimate Frisbee when the weather cooperates.
Young has forty-three years experience split among government, fortune 500 companies, and small business. He has worked as a Product Manager/Marketing Manager in the consumer goods industry; taught marketing at Jacksonville University; and founded twelve companies. Since retirement, he concentrates on photography and developing WordPress sites.
Alex is a 23 year old WordPress developer who works full-time on his own WordPress product + service companies.
I’m a creative at my core. I appreciate art and enjoy putting my talents to good use for people to help their businesses to the next level. I’m also a husband of 12 years and father of 2. Starting design theory in 2008 has been a fulfilling experience that still proves many more milestones to achieve. Creating websites and doing professional photography are my creative outlets.
April helps individuals and business become the best versions of themselves. This may come in the form of a new, or better, web site, or coaching to break through self-imposed limitations. She specializes in helping high-performers reach their goals online. She is heavily involved in Atlanta WordPress community and is a co-organizer of the Marietta WordPress Meetup. She is a current organizer for WordCamp Atlanta and deeply in love with the WordPress community.
A graduate of Millersville University, Jodie brings fifteen years of sales and marketing experience to WebDevStudios. Her marketing expertise and ability to restructure and to systematize businesses has been recognized by entrepreneurs in real estate, the music industry, technology start-ups and education. Now she assists in creating unique web strategies and solutions for clients.
As a Marketing Coordinator for Status Transportation
, Erix has developed a new understanding of how search engine optimization plays a critical role in your inbound marketing mix. When he is not monitoring Google algorithm changes, he enjoys exploring new places, spending time with his wife and three daughters, driving without directions and taking pictures of a sunset.
General Admission tickets for Wordcamp Jacksonville are now available.
Get your ticket before they sell out!
Your ticket includes full access to the WordCamp Jacksonville 2017 event, including morning coffee and snacks, on-site lunch, entry to the After-Party, and more. Get your ticket by April 20th to be guaranteed an event t-shirt!
A sneak peek of our 2017 T-shirts.
Hello All! We have been working away at all things WordCamp Jacksonville to make the event awesome. So here is an update on where we are today and how you can help!
Tickets and T-Shirt Deadline
General Admission is now open. If you are excited about your t-shirt and you have not purchased your ticket yet, please do so now. The deadline to guarantee you receive one of our awesome t-shirts is April 20th! Get your tickets today!
A sneak peek of our 2017 T-shirts.
It’s not too late to sponsor WordCamp Jacksonville. Can you or someone you know use some extra visibility and have a strong desire to support the Jacksonville WordPress community? Get more info on how to become a sponsor.
We have our speakers! We’re just crossing a few ‘t’s and dotting a few ‘i’s before announcing them to the world. Stay tuned for the Round 1 speaker announcement coming soon.
We are excited to be hosting a KidCamp this year. Please stay tuned for more information coming very soon.
We have a great list of volunteers so far, but we can use more. Here is info on becoming a volunteer.